6207 Lowville Park Road Burlington, ON L7P 0A6
About the site:
Built in 1889 on an acre of land donated from the farm of Joseph Featherstone, the schoolhouse served the students of SS. No 9 until 1953. It was built of local fieldstone from the farm of Mervyn Coulson and sand for the mortar came from the Cleaver Mill Pond. The woodshed at the end gable is part of the original structure. The separate boys and girls entrances are located on the four-bay sides. The windows retain their six-over-six panes and some of the original shutters.