Doors Open events cannot happen without the help of volunteers. If you would like to learn about Burlington’s history and heritage and have some fun in the process, we encourage you to join us!
We are looking for community-minded individuals, secondary school students completing their community hours, college and university students, retirees, heritage enthusiasts, community groups and anyone else who is interested in helping out with this exciting community event.
We’re looking for people to help with the following:
Doors Open Pre-event Volunteer
- Assist with packing site boxes (tally sheets, pamphlets, posters, signs, etc. approximately 2 weeks prior to Doors Open event date)
- Deliver site boxes and signs to selected Doors Open sites (during the week leading up to the event)
Doors Open Volunteer
- Welcome visitors to the site
- Record the number of visitors at the site
- Direct and converse with visitors about the site and Doors Open
- Distribute site information (where applicable)
- Interpretive duties as needed (including providing site information and guiding visitors through the site)
- Assist with opening / closing of the site (put up signage, pamphlets, etc.)
Now Accepting Volunteer Applications for Doors Open Burlington 2017!
Please complete the application form and return it by e-mail to our head of Volunteer Recruitment.